Analyzing Google Analytics
- You’ve got your website
- You’ve got Google Analytics Installed
- You get a report monthly
- And you have no idea what it means
- Don’t worry – you are not alone!
Google Analytics can be extremely helpful in honing in your message to your audience but only once you understand who your audience is, how they interact with your website, and why they are there in the first place. Everything in your analytics report is telling you something about your audience and how you can improve your online presence and experience for users.
There are many different insights that Google offers you through Analytics.
- How you are acquiring web visitors?
- Typing your URL (domain) directly in their browser?
- Clicking on your website from a search engine?
- Arriving via links you have posted to social media?
- Arriving from websites where you advertise?
All of these are important things to know, and can be determined in the referral section of your analytics report.
Understand the behavior of your web visitors. Once you know how they are arriving at your site, you can analyze what they are doing once they get there.
- Are they clicking on your coupon?
- Are they clicking for directions?
- Are they going deeper into your site and onto other pages to find out more about your business?
- Or are they leaving immediately?
Understanding who your visitors are can help you market better, too
- Have more females or males?
- What is the age group of your viewers?
- Domestic or international?
Knowing the answers to these questions, you can tweak your marketing strategy accordingly to bring in more from certain demographics.
What device are they using to get to your website?
- Phone – Is your site mobile friendly?
- Desk Top
If most of your website visitors are coming to your site on their phone or tablet and your site isn’t optimized for a mobile experience, there is no way you can keep them around long enough to keep their business. If most of your viewers are on desktops, investing in a custom mobile website doesn’t need to be at the top of your priority list.
All of the information on your Google Analytics report is there to help you help business grow.
- Changing with your audience is key to keeping your business growing.
How can we help you understand how to get you the information you need from Analytics? Give us a call or email us today! Call us (904.829.2772) or e-mail us today!