Using Photos on Social Media for your Business
Over the years Social Media has shifted to Visual Social Media. This means photos have increased in popularity for social media. This shift happened because our society is drawn to visual content. Photos help your customers relate to your business post and they tell a story. Users are more likely to engage and follow businesses that post more photos or videos. For example, photos on Facebook tend to generate 53% more likes on a post than without photos. What does this mean for you business’s social media? It means using images on social networking platforms gets those clients engaged!
Overall, photos help break up content overload. Showing your clients rather than telling is what will get you customers interested in your social network. Pictures are worth a thousand words. For example, if you want to introduce a new product, take a picture of it and share it on your social media. Did you hire a new team member or redecorate your office space? Share it! Showing will leave a bigger impact on them as well as others that are following your clients posts will see your new product, team member, etc. All in all, images make connections and social media is all about networking.
You don’t have to be an expert. Don’t be afraid – get creative with your visual content use your smart phone, camera, or clip art online.
Here are some ideas to consider using.
- Add words to a picture by either providing a contest for your customers, a daily tip or just add a quote.
- Draw a cartoon then take a picture of it.
- Make a graph.
- Make a video of either the daily life at the office or how you make a certain product.
- Use a GIF (animations) you found.
- Take a picture of your product and have customers give their opinion. EX: Does this shirt look better in blue or in red? or What should our daily special be today?
If your business doesn’t have any quality images or time to take images, we can help. Contact us today to set up a photo shoot for your business.